Europe is a great place to live and work. The Euro currency is accepted pretty much everywhere, including in the UK cities. Travel is really easy too. Take the train, a plane, or even drive anywhere you like. Every country is unique, and every culture is different too. Explore as many countries as you like in as little time as you have and you’ll still have plenty to talk about back home.
There are some cities in Europe that are extremely popular places to live at the moment. This may be for the types of jobs available, the arts, the cost of living or the quality of life you can enjoy. We’ve listed the top 5 that you ought to check out:
- Frankfurt – This is one of Germany’s finest cities. It has excellent rates of employment and good life expectancy. Finance is the main employing sector here, but it’s the nightlife that is attracting younger people into the city. There is plenty of incredible architecture in the city centre as well as a beautiful opera house.
- Geneva – Switzerland is a beautiful country full of incredible landscapes. The country is best known by holidaymakers for its skiing resorts. Geneva is a city that is populated by residents from all over Europe. Many people come here for work. It is a healthy city to live in as well as providing employment for several sectors.
- London – For those that can afford to live here, London is perhaps the best city in the world. London has a world-famous theatre and arts scene. There are also hundreds of incredible restaurants owned by top chefs from all over the globe. Only the cost of living here knocks London off the top spot. There is an excellent public transport system, although most places are quite close to each other.
- Barcelona – Spain has been fighting for decades to be globally recognised as a centre for the arts, culture and architecture. This city is perhaps one of the most famous in this part of the world. It’s thanks in part to the success of the local football team! None of the Spanish flavours of the place is lost in its vibrant nightlife. It is also multicultural. Property here is cheaper than many other cities. Companies like RDT Abogados can help you with the legal side of things if you want to buy here.
- Florence – This beautiful Italian city has made the top spot thanks to its preservation of historic culture. And it’s not just Italy’s culture that is so carefully looked after. Much of Europe’s history from the Renaissance period is recorded here. Beyond the history, this city has much to offer a holidaymaker, business tripper, or permanent resident. Fine cuisine, great wine, and some gorgeous apartments to live in make this city our favourite for this year.
Europe has hundreds of fine cities, each with their own charm. Some are very expensive but vibrant and fulfilling. Others are culturally rich with beauty on every street. Travel to some of Europe’s finest cities this summer to see if any could be called home for you.