Planning a trip to Russia? Here are the updated steps on how to apply for a Russian visa.
Choose the kind of visa you want to apply for
The kind of Russian visa will vary depending on the purpose of your trip. Here are the different kinds of visa based on your purpose:
- A transit visa will be issued if you are traveling to Russia from another country.
- A tourist visa is for tourists who are planning only one short visit. This is valid for 14 days.
- For a visit up to 3 months, you will need a business multiple entry visa
- If you are going to Russia more than once during the duration of your visa,you will need a business double entry visa
- A business single entry visa will be issued if you are allowing 1 to 5 months processing of your visa.
- A private visa will be issued if you are staying with your friend and register with them
Get an invitation for the kind of Russian visa you have applied for
To receive an invitation, you will need to select an agency you will work with. There is a bevy of travel agencies who are willing to process your Russian visa. Make sure that you do not go only for the lowest price.
Before having your visa processed make sure of the following considerations regarding your agency:
- Can be easily contacted. The agency should indicate their address and valid phone number.
- Has at least several years of experience in processing Russian visas
- Has the ability to support you in exceptional cases. Likewise, the agency should be able to provide you with professional advice.
Get the Russian visa from an Embassy or Consulate
Find the time to apply for a Russian visa yourself. However, if you do not like standing in a long line, you may apply with the help of an authorized Russian travel agent in your country.
For more information and guidance on applying for a Russian visa, you can check out this link.