Planning a trip to Vietnam? Bear in mind that only citizens of certain countries can gain entry into Vietnam without a visa and these are:
- For citizens of most ASEAN countries, no visa required if they are staying for less than 30 days
- For citizens of South Korea, Japan, Russia, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, no visa needed if they are staying for less than 15 days, This is applicable for both tourists and businessmen.
- Citizens of other countries other than those mentioned will need to get an entry visa for Vietnam prior to departure or an approval letter for a Visa on Arrival.
To apply for a Vietnam visa, you need to visit any Vietnamese Embassies or Consulates in your country. Your passport should at least have 6 months validity. If there is no embassy or consulate or if you intend to go to Vietnam as part of a multi-destination trip, your best option is to get a Visa on Arrival.
A Visa on Arrival is the best way to get a visa without the hassle of embassies or consulates. If your purpose is for tour and business, this service is the best option for you. It will be stamped on your passport at the Visa on Arrival Desk at the International Airport. Using this visa, you can then pass through Immigration. However, Visa On Arrival is only available through air travel.
To apply for this type of Vietnam visa, you need to get an approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department. You will then receive a copy of the letter through fax or email. Copies of the approval letter will then be forwarded to the Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports only. Upon arrival, you will then be issued your entry visa. Do not forget to bring at least 2 passport regulation sized photos and cash for the stamping fees.
The normal processing is 3- 4 working days but it can be expedited to 1 – 2 working days for urgent requests.
The cost of stamping fee can vary per person. For single entry 1 month/3 months, the fee is US$45. For multiple entry of 1month but less than 30 days, the fee is US$65. For multiple entry of 1 month for 30-31 days, you will pay US$95 and for multiple entry for 3 months, the cost is US$95 as well.
For speedy processing of your Vietnam visa, you need to provide the following information:
1. Your title (Mr./Mrs./Ms.)
2. Your name exactly as it appears in your passport
2. Date of birth
4. Passport No. (valid at least 06 months from entry date ahead)
5. Date of Passport issuance
6. Date of Passport expiration
7. Proposed date of arrival
8. Flight Ref.
9. Port of arrival – Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) or other
10. Purpose of visit (Vacation/Business/Family visit)
11. Type of service (Visa approval code or Visa on arrival)
12. The city at which a Vietnam embassy or consulate is located, where you plan to get the visa (only for visa approval code type)